Friday, October 28, 2011

Philosophical debate: Religion, why do YOU believe?

This is a note that I created on Facebook to get some feedback from my religious friends. It focuses primarily on questioning an individual on why they have chosen to believe their particular religion (based on this particular demographic, the religion is usually Christianity) above any other religion? Or non-religion, or philosophy?

Since this debate, my personal beliefs on the topic have become even sharper than what might be demonstrated in my comments from this note. Even though I call myself an agnostic, which means literally, "I don't know," I still have some strong opinions on the matter.

This is one of the Facebook posts that I definitely do not want to become "lost," so I'm sharing it here.

As always, if you would like to participate in the discussion, jump right in! Even if you are a stranger, or if the debate seems to have run cold.

Here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150231748985863




No comments:

Post a Comment